16 March 2006

Addendum: Tagliarini Magnifico

Meena's friend-of-a-friend comes through again: herewith, the recipe for pasta "magnifico," as discussed previously.

A note on shapes: was this dish made with "tagliarini"? "Tagliatini"? "Tagliolini"? "Tagliatelle"? There are so many shapes; I'm not even sure if all the ones I just named actually exist. Even this recipe is ambiguous about the preferred shape. But when we ate it at Garga, I remember the pasta being long, thin, and flat. Based on the info found here, I'm going with "Tagliarini Magnifico." However, I leave the spelling in the recipe exactly as I found it.

As to ingredient proportions, hey, you're on your own.

Tagliatini Magnifico from Ristorante Garga

In a pan add butter to coat bottom. On medium heat sauté Lemon zest, Orange zest to infuse the butter then add fairly thick shaved sheets of parmeggiano cheese, then cream and cognac and lower heat to low-medium till sauce thickens; then at the very end add a pinch or so of fresh mint (to taste). I would start with a pint of cream and a ¼ cup cognac for amounts but we will all work on the details as we practice.

Boil large pot of SALTED water (they usually have 2 TBL per quart or more (the rest of the salt will drain out with the water) Once boiling, add the ITALIAN (I recommend Barilla) pasta of choice (tagliarini= fettuccine) for the recommended amount of time on the package. Drain the pasta but don?t rinse. Add the sauce to the pasta in the pasta pot and toss and coat!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home